6 TEA AND CHOCOLATE PAIRINGS THAT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND
It was a lifelong nostalgia for tea time enjoyed with family that prompted Ray Anthony to open up Canmore Tea Co. in 2016 with his daughter, Caitlin Anthony. The two have taken that passion to the next level.
With over 180 different flavours of teas from around the world at their store, the Anthony’s are becoming self proclaimed tea sommeliers, and they aren't afraid to try unexpected flavours such as Cucumber and Melon or Sea Buckthorn Cherry. With more teas in the world than wine, it is quite a task to take on.
Making a perfect duo takes dedication.
In order to choose the perfect tea and Bernard Callebaut chocolate match, Caitlin and her sister tasted over 50 tea and chocolate pairings to whittle it down to six amazing duos that will be a full experience for your taste buds. While tasting the pairings (available May 3-13, throughout this year's Canmore Uncorked Festival), you will experience them in three different ways.
Some pairings will be complementary, while other will be enhancing, or contrasting and agitating, each with its own purpose to create a lasting impression. The tea and chocolate pairings at Canmore Tea Company will introduce you to out-of-the-box flavours such as the Lapsang Souchong China Black tea, which has notes of smokey pine needles and is considered "the Scotch of the tea world". You will have to try it to believe it!
Here are 6 tea and chocolate pairings that will blow your mind:
- Sweet Coco Dream Tea with a pistachio and white chocolate
- Genmaicha Green Tea paired with a solid white chocolate
- Organic Peppermint Willamette with an extra dark 72% cocoa
- Earl Grey paired with a rich and creamy solid milk chocolate
- Spicy Chair paired with a habanero sea salt milk chocolate (yummm)
- Lapsang Suchong Butterfly paired with a dark caramel filled chocolate
And the best part?
You can enjoy all 6 pairings for just $6!
Simply visit Canmore Tea Company in-store (108 737 7th Avenue, Canmore) to enjoy this delicious Set-Price Experience during Canmore Uncorked: May 3rd to May 13th, 2018.
Tip: Sunday May 13th is Mother's Day! Who could say no to tea and chocolate? ;)
More must-see events at Canmore Uncorked in 2018
- Canmore Wine Festival (Saturday May 5th)
- The Grande Brunch (Sunday May 6th)
- Progressive Dinner Tours (Sunday May 6th to Wednesday May 9th)
- Whisky & Spirits Festival (Friday May 11th)
- Craft Beer Festival (Saturday May 12th)